MyFriendsAreFiction

Progress: 11 %
Inhuman
Kat Falls
Progress: 41 %

Collector (Dante Walker Novel)

The Collector - Victoria Scott Also found on my blog, My Friends Are FictionOnce I started The Collector I was completely captivated and immersed in the story and characters. I loved reading from a male point of view and even better he wasn't a nice guy-he was our story's villain. His thoughts and comments are funny but always at the expense of someone else. Surprisingly, this did not detract from my continued desire to read or my enjoyment. I will say that Dante's slang was a bit over the top for my taste but it fit his personality and gave him an unique voice. I enjoyed watching some of his less dominant characteristics surface and how he reacted to them and the characters instigating his changes. Victoria Scott has created a character that stands out amongst his fictional peers and I know that I'll be interested to see where she takes him.Charlie, our female lead, stands out too. She is anything but perfect, but she's got the characteristics you'd look for in a friend: inspiring and loyal. Though I could understand her character's motivations I had trouble connecting with her at times and questioned her gullibility. I might have found it more difficult because I wasn't seeing the story from her POV. Overall though, I really enjoyed getting to know her personality and especially her backstory.Scott took time to create well rounded secondary characters that I found realistic in their desires and flaws. The interactions between them were amusing which helped push the story line along. As the story progressed I found some of the coincidences to be a tad too convenient, but this didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the novel. I was left wanting to find out where the story would take us in the following book.Final thoughts:The Collector was a fast paced, highly enjoyable book, though it had a few flaws, none stopped me from being thoroughly entertained. Scott's writing style flowed smoothly and completely sucked me into the story she created.