MyFriendsAreFiction

Inhuman
Kat Falls
Progress: 41 %

Elixir: A Covenant Novella

Elixir - Jennifer L. Armentrout Also on my blog, My Friends Are FictionContains spoilers if you have not read Deity!My Thoughts:Elixir is a novella in the Covenant series focusing on the time period between Deity and Apollyon. The most intriguing aspect for readers is that it is from Aiden's point of view, which I was eager to read. The revelations and insights Elixir provides are not essential to the main story arc but it is a wonderful extra to see Alex after she's connected with Seth and become 'Evil Alex'. It's hard to see Alex mistreating, taunting and threatening those she loves the most but seeing her like that really proved to me what Seth was doing was so, so wrong. I have spent the majority of the series blindly refusing that Seth was a bad guy. All the flashes of a smug smile or his trust of Lucian I refused to believe made him bad. I still hold a small, small kernel of hope that somewhere deep in his heart there is some good. But reading Elixir really changed my perception of his character.On the opposing side, reading Aiden's thoughts about Alex and seeing him wrestle with how to save her at any cost really raised him in my esteem. Of course, I always liked his character but this really pushed me over the edge. I also think it was nice to see interactions with the secondary characters from a new POV. There is a nice bonding scene with Aiden and his brother Deacon.Final Thoughts: Every fan of the series should read Elixir before Apollyon, it will only give further depth to the characters.